Artiste Spotlight: Patoranking
Patrick Nnaemaka Okorie popularly known by his stage name Patoranking, he is an indigene of Ebony State in the South Eastern part of Nigeria. He began his music career as a street performer. He released his debut single, “So Nice,” in 2009.
Patoranking became a public figure as a result of cooperation with Konga, Slam, and Reggie Rockstone. After this, he received support from Dem Mama Records – releasing a song called Alubarika together with Timaya. He is one of the most famous Nigerian singer and songwriter in reggae-dancehall style.
The Nigerian dancehall and reggae vocalist known for such songs as “Up in D Club” and “Girlie O, later move ahead to feature vocals from Tiwa Savage “Girlie O Remix”. It debuted at No. 9 on MTV Base’s Official Nigeria Top 10 chart.” He earned a 2014 City People Entertainment Award in the “Dancehall/Reggae Act of the Year” category. In 2016, he became a judge on The Voice Nigeria.
Patoranking’s musical development did not stop there. In 2016 he released his debut album called God over Everything. It has occupied the 4th place on the Billboard’s Reggae albums.
Patoranking has many awards in his cabinet which include;
- The Headies Award for Next Rated (2014)
- MTV Africa Music Award for Song of the Year (2016)
- The Headies Award for Best Reggae/Dancehall Single (2016,2014)
- City People Music Award for Reggae/Dancehall Artist of the Year (2017,2016,2014)
- Nigeria Entertainment Award for Best Collaboration (2016)
- MTV Africa Music Award for Best Breakthrough Act (2015)
- Nigeria Entertainment Award for Best New Act of the Year (2014)
- South African Music Award for Best African Artist (2017)
- Nigeria Entertainment Award for Dancehall Artist of the Year (2017)
June 5th, 2018